Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

So today was a day we stop to recognize the impact of a man that gave so much to us as a nation, as people. We everyday enjoy liberties, freedoms that he and so many fought for and that pioneers after them preserved. It's so amazing to think of how far we have come as a nation. I know many would dare say we have a long way to go, and I'm not discounting that but we have made strides towards a better equality. My son will live in a more equal society than I do and I lived in a more equal society than my parents. Progress, that's what today means to me. If we can say we are better than yesterday then we are doing something that matters. Jon chose to make a difference, to stand for something bigger than himself. I hope that in my actions I do so too. As we reflect on where we have come from let me challenge you to strive towards tomorrow. It's not easy, as the quote says," the only easy day was yesterday." Together we can all make a difference, one yesterday, today, tomorrow at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment