Monday, November 28, 2011

My 4 Unfailing First Loves

Love.... such loaded four letter word right. Now every girl at some point in thier life imagines falling in love with the most amazing guy and riding into the sunset of course. Okay and then what? I'll tell you life sets in and drawing on my past experiences of love has helped me to build a marriage that I hope will be just as unfailing as the previous ones. So what are my 4 unfailing first loves you might ask? Number one on my first loves list is my Dad. He was the biggest, strongest, smartest man I knew. My Dad has definitely shown me how to love someone lets you down, how to lean on people when you need it, and how to love the Lord. I could never thank him enough for the wisdom he has given me over the years and how he has shown me love was an verb not a noun. We must work towards making a loving relationship work. My next first love is God, my Savior. I accepted Jesus as my Savior as a 7 year girl after a Vacation Bible School meeting at my Grandmother's house. In my relationship with God he has shown me the importance of loving someone unconditionally with no strings attached. He also taught me how to see people where they are and how to love them because that's how he loved me. He takes me each day with all my faults, attitudes and shortcomings and just loves me. That's an unfailing love that surpasses anything I could ever have with anyone else. That makes this love all the more special and life falling in love for the first time all over again. My third, first love was my husband. Now I can tell you is was not love at first sight. Don't get me wrong I was interested, but no clue that I would meet the man I would marry my senior year of high school. Fast forward 5 1/2 years and I am so in love with him. Jon has taught me how compromise even when I didn't want to, how to listen (I mean really listen!), and how to be in love without blinders. That last statement is so important. Often times we are blinded by love we don't see the relationship for what it truly is. It's hard to look at sometimes, but once you see a clear picture you can fix the problem. Hard to fix a crack with no light right? And last but not least was the first love of my son, I never understood how you could love someone with no conditions no matter what, but I do with my son. Landon teaches me patience, innonocence, and how exciting life can be. I am so blessed to have 4 instances that God has given me the experience of 4 unfailing first loves. Each one is different with it's own battles and circumstances, but they are all so very precious to me. With my husband coming home in a little over 2 weeks I am so excited to tell him just how much our marriage means to me in person. Love is a lot of hard work, but well worth it's weight in effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment