Saturday, December 31, 2011

Two Years... Almost!

So on January 2nd is our two year wedding anniversary. I am so glad that his "boot leave" (the 10 days of leave granted new Marines after boot camp) fell around this time so he would be home, and on top of that because it is around the holidays they got 7 days added as recruiter's assistance so he really got 17 days! It's so awesome to have my best friend back. It's crazy that we have been married for 2 years. I truly have such an amazing husband. So my in laws and my parents took us to dinner last night. We ate at The Columbia Firehouse in Alexandria. It is one of me and Jon's favorites. My Mom's short rib stroganoff...

My Dad's diver scallops and risotto...

My pork chop which was served with the best saukerkaut I have ever tasted...



Of course Jon got a burger! He love burgers from anywhere. It's crazy I know!

My Father in Law actually got the prime rib, after looking at this picture I have to say that I was a bit jealous!

Overall it was great to be with all four of our parents. We haven't done that in a while. On the way home I was talking with Jon how blessed we truly are to have both of our parents together and they have shown us how to build a strong marriage. I am so excited to see what the future holds for me and Jon, but right now I am just so excited to celebrate 2 awesome years with my very best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment