Saturday, January 21, 2012

What Saturdays are made of

So there are so many things that could be said of Saturdays. It is my second favorite day of the week. (Sunday is my first!) I seem to get so much done on Saturday. After enduring the torture that was my intercession class I was ready to enjoy a free relaxing Saturday with no real plans. I decided to tackle some projects that I had been wanting to work on...

1.Getting the Megazord Power Ranger for Landon. My son has been talking about this action figure for a long time! Okay maybe only about a week, but when your four year old is talking non stop about one thing it makes it seem a lot longer. We had planned to get it on Monday when we went to Target only to find out that there was nothing in the way of Power Rangers there. So today we tracked it down at where else but Toys R Us. I say he looks happy... what do you think?

2. Next on the list was changing Landon's comforter. I hadn't gotten a bedspread set for the winter and I was getting tired of the drab color that had faded from all the washing! I found a great deal on this spread at Walmart. I was so excited. That was two things crossed off my list and now his monkey and Marine bear have a colored coded spot to lay their head.
3. So last on the list was to make some chili which I haven't made at all this winter. I by no means am a champion chili maker. I may have been to culinary school, but I never had the patience to stand or wait for a pot of chili to simmer for hours. My chili is an abbreviated version, but still just as delicious.

Quick Chili Recipe

2lbs ground beef (80/20 fat percent)
2 cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can black beans drained
1 can chicken broth
1 red pepper diced
1 green pepper diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 onion diced
salt
pepper
chili powder
garlic powder
cayenne pepper (if you like it hot!)
1 tsp. olive oil

In a deep skillet saute the peppers, garlic, and onion in olive oil until soft, remove from pan.
In the same pan add the beef and season with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder. Cook fully. Drain the fat off the meat from the the pan.
Add the vegetables, beans, tomatoes, and chicken broth to the pan.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper if desired.
Simmer for 20 minutes. Enjoy!!!


Aww this is the life! See Saturdays are made for chores and lots of fun. Now if I could just get Landon into bed early so I can enjoy my Kindle.... Okay that's probably not going to happen, but then again playing Batman and Power Rangers is pretty fun too! With that in mind this marks one week until Jon gets his phone back and then we will head down to North Carolina for his MCT graduation and then it's on to MOS follow up school. Whew, time is flying....






           

No comments:

Post a Comment