Monday, February 6, 2012

Marriage, Motherhood, and the like

I wear many hats at any given time of day. I actually like to think of my life as one big production and I have the starring role... okay maybe not seeing as though my acting skills are null and void but you get my drift. So yesterday I woke up pretty much unable to move. I have chronic back pain and from time to time it chooses a time to show it's ugly head. I shuffled down the hall as fast as I could go to collect some Ben-gay and proceeded to "show" my back who's boss. Well it laughed at me and my attempts at making it better with my "massage" therapy. To the medication! I took some ibuprofen and tried to lay down. Then it got so bad I couldn't take it anymore and gave in to take my muscle relaxer.  I hate taking it because it makes you feel loopy. So that meant I couldn't drive to church. The great thing about our church is they have a webcast!  You can check it out here if you like. That was just the beginning. Yesterday was also Jon's birthday and he was down in Virginia Beach. I called to wish him happy birthday but of course he was sleep. Then I texted him a video of Landon singing happy birthday. Cutest thing ever! He called back and we talked for a while before he said he was going to go to the chow hall before he came back to his room to watch the telecast with me. It was special too because our Pastor wished Jon happy birthday because he knew he would be watching on telecast. Aww the joys of marriage especially when you are apart. I felt bad because I wanted to be with him on his birthday. So we were getting to the message of the telecast and the line went dead. Well I guess I should get some work done seeing as though my magic pills had killed the back pain. I started a project for Landon's uniforms for the week that I saw on Pintrest. I'm actually pretty proud at how it came out.



Hopefully this will make my mornings run a little more smoother... I doubt it though. Then to round out my day yesterday Landon got his first big boy boo boo. Yep I know what kind of mother is excited about their child getting hurt. I'm not excited I really am not. I just realize that my son as "adventurous" as he is will get many a boo boo, but this was his first one. What was he doing you might ask. Well let's just say he probably won't be jumping from the 3rd step at church anymore! While being a mother is one of my more rewarding "hats" my marriage is one of my most favorite. Jon and I truly just love spending time together and I am so blessed to have a husband that was everything I could ever imagine and more. It's true! So his recruiter's assistance is approved and he will be home in 3 days! I am so excited to spend some more time with him and just enjoy being a husband and wife in the same house at least for a few weeks before he goes back to training. And just because I like to track the time with my planner self I made a new purchase! You can pick one up on Etsy just follow this link. Whatever hats you may juggle have fun because the most exciting part of the journey is the ride on the way.


2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, sounds like you had a when it rains, it pours type of day! I'm so sorry about your back pain and will remember to be sure and pray for you. That's so cool (when it's working)that you and your husband can watch church together! And I love Landon's organizer...Pinterest is the best! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture frame! I hope the back gets better!

    ReplyDelete