Monday, March 26, 2012

Surprises, Surprises, Surprises!

This was a great weekend! It was filled with all kinds of surprises. Landon's birthday party was this weekend and Jon was trying to make it home. He had just started classes so the chances of him getting liberty for the weekend was pretty slim. I never get my hopes up anymore about him getting granted liberty since it has fell through so many times. I just assumed this time would be yet another time our plans didn't work out. When Jon called me Wednesday and told me that he was coming home on Friday I didn't believe him, but of course we made plans. I just planned to be disappointed on Friday. Well  Friday came and when I got off work he called to tell me that he was here and to come pick him up! This was the best start to my weekend and a surprise that everything worked out according to plan! Yay! So I didn't tell Landon because I didn't want to have to explain why yet again Daddy wouldn't be home. So when I got home I went in and told Landon he had a big surprise that I couldn't carry. This was his reaction... so cute!

The party on Saturday was great. It was at a bowling alley and I was just too happy for words that I didn't have to do any planning or clean up. The kids had a great time and I was happy just to spend some time with my family complete.


My last surprise this weekend was getting down to Virginia Beach and back in record time! I hate making the trip one because it's long and two because it means I'm going to be dropping Jon off and leaving without him. The trip down was great Jon drove, we stopped at a great Mexican restaurant in Woodbridge called Uncle Julio's, and I helped Jon study for his really big test on Tuesday. Dropping him off is never easy. I always save the water works for once I leave base, because I know it just makes it harder for him. I tried to get back as fast as I could. The trip that typically takes 4-41/2 hours only took me 3 hrs and 15 minutes! When I called Jon to let him know I got home safe he said, "What you're home already?!" That was great seeing as though he says I drive like a grandma. Although I don't know any grandmas pushing 90 down I-95 to get home! Overall this weekend was awesome. Now we only have 76 days, or 10 weekends left until he graduates. Let's just hope they are all just as great!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that video, too sweet! Glad you guys got to spend the weekend together :)

    ReplyDelete