Saturday, June 6, 2015

Let me tell you 'bout my best friend...

Today was a great day. It's on days like these that I realize why I had more than one child, because siblings are fun. I grew up with 3 siblings, two sisters that happen to be twins and a younger brother. Yep, I'm right in the middle. Explains so much of my life, but I digress... Anyways we decided to take a trip to Wilmington this afternoon because we had to get out the house. If anyone else has 3 little ones then you know a Saturday spent in the confines of a house can be a day to regret in more ways then one which will probably end in some sort of tiff that would cause me to want to pull my hair out, and so on and so forth. Not wanting any part of that we packed everyone up and headed to the children's museum. Even though we practically lived in Wilmington for 4 months while Lizzy was in the NICU we had yet to go the museum and it was a nice treat to wait until she was old enough to enjoy it.


The museum had some great exhibits from a boat that revolved when you turned the wheel, to a diner where Jon and I were served the  best "pretend" sandwiches I think I have ever had. Lillian was a trooper through it all on my hip and we had a blast! 






The best part of the day had to be seeing the interaction between Landon and his sister. There is a 6 year age gap between the two and I know that it has to be hard for them to relate to each other, but they really are two peas in the same pod. It got me the thinking of how much fun I had with my sisters and brother, how we were thick as thieves and even now how much we enjoy reminiscing on all of the great memories. That's what I want for Landon, Lizzy and Lillian. To look back on their childhood with fond thoughts and to cultivate their sibling relationship to where they can count on each other for anything. Do they still drive each other crazy from time to time, of course. But this day was just one of many where I look at them and smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment