Monday, June 1, 2015

A North Carolina State of Mind

It has been a good long while since I have shared anything on this space and for good reasons. The past almost two years have been some of the most challenging and growth filled years I have had in a while. We've been in North Carolina for almost 3 years now and even though I don't anticipate us staying here forever I has grown on me in ways I never thought possible. For one both of my daughters were born here. If you have read any of me last posts you know that my daughter Elizabeth was born 16 weeks premature. It was an experience that I will never ever forget. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and experience. Nothing prepares a mother to feel helpless when it comes to their children. It was a humbling time and I made some friends with the staff at New Hanover Regional Medical Center that I will never be able to repay. Their patience and selflessness taught me that family comes in all forms, but the common denominator is that they are there for you no matter what. Then after we brought home that little bundle of joy we settled in, but not for long before, surprise! We found out we were pregnant with our newest addition Lillian. She was born right before Christmas last year and was the best gift I could have ever asked for.
For a while I was just adjusting to life with three kids. It was exhausting! Lizzy still has 3 therapies a week including physical, occupational and speech and Landon was finishing up the 2nd grade. I was super overwhelmed. As a mother I felt stretched to capacity and that I wasn't doing anything really well. Couple that with the fact that I thought I really didn't have anything of value to say. It wasn't until I started talking with my friends that I realized what I was really searching for was a creative outlet of release. I think all moms need something that they do to recharge their batteries and become inspired to take on all the challenges that motherhood encompasses. So I have taken on some new hobbies picked up some old ones and have just been enjoying the ride. North Carolina is my home at least for now because as a military spouse I have realized home is wherever my family is together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment