Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer is for Playing


Summer days are awaiting with the joy of sunshine, the promise of adventure, and the happiness of all things play. As a mom there are many days where I want to pull my hair out. I think that's why I have progressively cut it shorter as I have had more kids! Then there are days like this where I couldn't imagine anything better then spending the day outside with my love bugs and watching them enjoy everything for the first time. 


Their sense of discovery and wonderment is something I wish I could bottle and enjoy twice daily. To them the world is a place that is filled with infinite possibilities. There are no boundaries and sometimes to their detriment they learn that they can not indeed fly like they thought catapulting their bodies off of the couch. Even so these little ones are creating a summer that I know will never be able to replicate because they will only be this small once. So instead of focusing on everything that will still be the same in the fall, winter, and spring to come I will say that this summer is for playing. 



1 comment: